Samsung Galaxy S5 Challenge iPhone 5S: Rumors, Pictures, & Specs
Samsung has zero intention of resting on its laurels, and is constantly looking for new solutions in design and technology to continue building their smartphone market dominance. That’s because the Galaxy S5 is staged to meet and exceed expectations.
Lately rumors have multiplied, citing ideas like fingerprint readers and integrated frameless screens. The Samsung Galaxy S5, like the Galaxy S4, will be a high-end smartphone and to give you an idea of what it may be, we have tried to summarize some of the confirmed specs and rumors:
- Android 4.4- which will improve performance, memory management, and optimize the device’s resources resources
- Dimensions 143.83 mm long x 72.27 mm wide.
- ISOCELL image sensor technology- separates individual pixels and reduces electrical cross talk
- WQHD screens- a 2560 x 1440 display with a 560 ppi resolution
- The screen will be more than 5 inches- surpasses its predecessor to offer a Full HD resolution of 1920x1080p
- 64 bit processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB internal memory
- 13-16 megapixel camera- this will satisfy Android fans’s call for a more powerful camera
- Retinal scanner- to unlock the phone, not confirmed
- An aluminum body- a sign of luxury and quality
In other rumors (like the concept phones below) we can see the new Galaxy S5 sporting a flexible curved display up to 30 degrees. If this rumor is confirmed in the official presentation of the product, it will almost certainly result in an increased device price.
Unfortunately eager buyers won’t be able to put it under their Christmas tree this year, because the release is scheduled for February 2014. Keep alert the Galaxy S5 will continue to leak out details about the new phone that will be worth the wait.