Heading into 2014, social media has been making waves. Twitter‘s IPO, Snapchat‘s rapid viral spread, and the growth of e-commerce and mobile-use, have all been great indicators for the industry in the upcoming year.
Below we have 46 social media facts from 2013. Here are our favourite:
- Social media generates almost double the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, daily mail, or PPC
- 751 Million users access Facebook from mobile with 7000 different devices
- Around 46% of web users turn to social media for making purchases
- Twitter’s fastest growing age demographic is 55 year olds to 64 year old’s with active users of 79%
- Over 343 Million active users on Google+
- 40% of marketers use Google+ and 67% plan to increase Google+ activities
- Animated GIFs are the most engaging type of post on Google+
- Over 1 Billion LinkedIn endorsements
- More than 5 million photos uploaded every day on Instagram
- More than 69% of Pinterest users are female
- Over 1 billion unique monthly visitors on Youtube
What are your favourite 2013 facts?
Test text here